Thursday, December 07, 2006

Farah Shamella's Ceremony of Welcoming The New Member of The Family.

Ok, let's get it done fast.
And I know I've delayed it for such a long time,
But it's better late than never right?

Date : 18th November 2006
Venue : Farah Shamella's House

Well, since Farah got a new brother sometime in the middle of the year, so she's doing a open house/akikah on that day.

So, lots must be wondering, "What the hell is akikah?"
Akikah is pronouced as a-ki-kah. C'mon..it's a malay word. You pronounce it the way it is slept.
Well, akikah is a ceremony where in our religion, when a newly-born is 7 days old (can be after that also, but preferably 7 days), we do a ceremony where we shave the head of the baby, we give it a name and we sort of read and sing religious prayers to it.And we have to slaughter cows or goats to be cooked for that ceremony. If I'm not mistaken, it's 1 or 2 of those animals if it's a girl and 2 or 3 if it's a boy. (I'm not very sure about the figure tho') Food that is cook for this ceremony, are mainly recommended sweet food, like kurma ayam and stuff like that (Don't ask me why).
The purpose of this ceremony is to repay back God for giving us the newly-born.
It's very hard to explain it here, but if anyone need to know more, just ask me k?

So, back to the story. I missed her so much too since the last time we met was actually 4 months ago (I think?). Well too bad there's not much pics of the surrounding and the ceremony..,.
I was busy catching up with Farah outside the house.
And it's so tiring, I think the ceremony continued for 4 hours straight.
Even I who came later and did not do anything felt exhausted, just imgine the poor lil' bro in the craddle.
So, pretty much the same thing happened as described above.
Urm, btw, her bro name is Syukri (If I'm not mistaken.)
So, here I include some pics taken on that day (not much, sorry!)

This is one of the pic on how it looked like during the ceremony. Inside the craddle is her bro (you call that swinging thing a craddle right?)











This is Farah and her sweet cute lil bro.





















This is Farah, my eye bags and I.
As you can see in this pic, my eyes looked swollen and dull.
That's because I slep at 5 am the night before and I woke up at 9 am.
And this picture clearly explains why you need enough sleep.
So that you won't have eye bags appearing in pics that you take the next day.
(I regretted sleeping late the night before)



This is the other pic of the ceremony thingy.
Right here if you may see, they're reading Quran and doing a marhaban I think.
Marhaban is when you sing about praising the lord, prophets, and includes advices for the baby itself.
They even read Quran in a melody.
Yeah,that sort of thing.







Well,have to go now.
Will update about Farah's Open House, My Open House and My trip to Fraser Hill.

Signing Out,
Need to Help Suz with Proposal Thingy!

No comments: