Friday, December 22, 2006

My First Ever Baking Class.

Venue : BS Bakery, Bayu Perdana
Time : 2.00 pm - 5.00 pm
Date : 20th December 2006

Finally after hustling my mom for nearly 5 days, Mom finally given up and sent me to a baking class.
Well, I wanted to go last year, and the year before, but Mom thought I wasn't taking it seriously.
Well, this year I did.
I guess I sort of got sick with people asking me whether I knew how to cook or not.
Obviously the only answer I can provide is "No, I don't know."
And I cannot lie because later they're going to ask " Ouh really? What can you cook?"
And if I lie about some sort of food, then they're going to ask about the recipes.
Then I'll be in deep shit.

But now, I am no more the girl who cannot cook or bake.
For I can bake 4 types of desserts besides from boiling water and cook maggi and frying eggs.
Yes, I know. I am that LAME in housework.
I can do basic chores around the house, but anything that need those 'womanly touch' like sewing, cooking, decorating, leave me out of that. I am clueless about them.
But, I am trying to master it,well at least BEFORE I get married.
And Dad's words the night before, has totally driven me to take the baking class.
What did he say?
"Well, I don't mind paying for the class. I don't want my daughter to NOT know how to cook when she gets married".
Hah!

So anyway,we reached at the class at around 1.50 pm.
Yes, it's a 'We'. Why?
Coz my mom managed to force all the girls in the house to take baking class together.
Which means it's my sisters Sarah, Atiqah, my cousin Farah and me.
All four of us.
Too bad I don't have the pictures of us or the baking class.
And the class by 2.15 pm was filled with 32 kids and teenagers with age ranges from 6 to 16.
Yes, that much.

So, we learnt how to bake chocolate pudding, yogurt pudding, ice cream cookies and chocolate chip cookies.
It was not a very enchanting experience I shall say.
By 3.30 pm, I feel like banging my head so hard to the wall hoping that somehow I can get to get out of the class A.S.A.P.
And by the end of the class, I am ready to kill anyone with a nozel bag.

Swear to God, those who attend that class are mostly spoiled brats who don't even bother to actually learn and just spending their parents' money since the mnoney will never run out.
We have this 2 kids who are like SOOOOO annoying!
They were like "Teacher..teacher" evey 10 friggin' minutes.
They want sprinkles lah, chocolate chip lah, this lah, that lah, 'teacher he kacau me' lah and lots of "I also want! *jups around*".
If they're any of my kids , I would have slapped their asses LONG TIME AGO.
And I mean it!

And there's these 3 teenagers, I think they're either Form 1 or 2.
Damn all they did were just talk, talk, sms, talk, laugh.
I dunno what so funny about putting chocolate chips on cookies dough, But they surely did make me feel like killing people with nozel bag.
Seriously, if you're not interested in learning, why bother coming?
There's a lot more people wanting to attend the class rather that some spoiled brats who think they're too cool and stuff.
They not being there is WAY useful than they being there. At least, three missing spoiled brats asses would make the class smaller, then the teacher can focus on everyone better.
Don't you think so?

But, other than that I have to say, it was a fun and meaningful experience.
At least now, I am no longer the girl who cannot cook or bake anything besides Maggie.
Hahahaha!
Ouh yeah, with this post I also include the dishes we baked that day.
Would love to post a lot more, but sis is bugging me to get off the comp.

Chocolate Pudding.














Was not satisfied with the first pic.
So I took another one!
And btw, I decorated that.
Hahaha!










Yogurt Pudding.
(with a smiley face!)
Isn't it the cutest thing ever?!!??!?











Ice cream cookies and chocolate chip cookies.
Well, pretty obvious which one is which right?
Anyway, if you're still confused, maybe you should get an ice cream cone and compare with the pic.
Who knows you can figure it out all by yourself?
Yay...............







Don't they look like a happy family?
Damn, I should have put 'Art Of Khadi' besides them.
Lolz!










Call me obsessed or anything, I don't care.
I am so proud of my decorating skills (and baking skill, eventho' i have not put it to test yet)!
I don't even have the heart to eat them until today.
They looked so cute!
But right now, they're already in my tummy!

P.S : I'll try to bring some to school when I am free, just like how Cherylyn brought her famous cookies.

Signing Out,
The Girl Who Can Bake.

No comments: