Sunday, April 22, 2007

Mukhsin


I've just finished watching 'Mukhsin'.
Lovely lovely story I shall say.
It was the best between all the 3 films of Yasmin Ahmad.
The simplicity of the movie, the language, the feeling put to it.
It really has most effect to it.

Even for those who never really watched malay movies can understand the simplicity and the message behind it.
Funny tho', I was expecting a hanging ending like the previous 2 movies of Yasmin Ahmad.
But this movie, left me with the feeling of sad yet very comforting.

A simple love story.
Telling us about our first love.
Remembering us of our childhood memories.
Simple, yet it never left us.

The Spanish song is really sad too.
And the effect of the song when Orked went to look for Mukhsin, really really touched my heart.
One of the verse of the song (translated, DURH!) :
" Don't leave me.
I'll promise to stop talking.
I'll promise to never walk away.
But please don't leave me".

Gosh, so sad! *Sobs*

And I really like the words at the end of the movie.
" Till that day, I never met Mukhsin again.
But the truth is, he never left me.
And whenever I heard of first love, I remember him.
And a piece of poem that both of us shared."

~ It's like our first love.
We never really meet each other.
And yet, we know each other so much~

Simple poem, yet very thoughtful.

And I adore this poem that I got from Yasmin Ahmad's blog.
(I linked her. You can visit the blog)

"They say
the first love's most important.
That's very romantic,
but not my experience.

Something was and wasn't there between us,
something went on and went away.

My hands never tremble
when I stumble on silly keepsakes
and a sheaf of letters tied with string
— not even ribbon.

Our only meeting after years:
two chairs chatting
at a chilly table.

Other loves
still breathe deep inside me.
This one's too short of breath even to sigh.

Yet just exactly as it is,
it does what the others still can't manage:
unremembered,
not even seen in dreams,
it introduces me to death."

- Wislawa Szymborska

She said, this poem inspired her to do 'Mukhsin'.
And it is sweet if you look deep into the poem.

And you have to watch the movie.
I'd be more than glad to borrow you the CD. (eventho' pirated.Shh!)

And the way Sharifah Alia and the other guy (dunno his name) are like so much in love with each other.
They love each other so much, and yet you don't feel sick watching them portraying their love.
Parading their love.

If I ever get married, I want to be like those two.
Adorable lil thing!

P.S : Alan from Gubra was there too. Eventho' only for 4 mins.
But still, HE'S CUTE!!!

XOXO,
In Love With Mukhsin.


No comments: