Saturday, November 24, 2007

Don't We Malaysians Just Love Shopping?

i know I promised not to update since, I don't know....
Maybe I have Biology on Monday and the furthest I went for Bio till this very moment is HALFWAY through Chapter 4 - Reproduction.
Noted as the best, most interesting chapter of the whole Science Subject in the whole Education system.
Ok so fine, I might be SLIGHTLY exaggerating,
But ask any Tom, Harry, Dick, Sherwin, YinChye or even Krisyanth.
They are living proofs of such statement.
(Eh, joking only k? No hard feelings)

Anyway,
My point of blogging is to inform the fellow blog-ders that I, Khadi did not make it to the mall.
Ok, I did. To the Botanic's Jusco PARKING PLACE.
Getting into the parking place is not really considered as being IN the mall.

The traffic was crazy. We were out at 10 am and when we reached there,
The ground floor parking is full.
Uh'uh. FULL.
That's how crazy the whole "Wah, Jusco baru buka kat Botanic la!" fever.

All the way from Sri Andalas up till Bukit Tinggi 2,
I can see cars and lots of cars.
If it was meant to be that the Brits are to drop an atomic bomb at that place, an estimated around 4,000 death at the mall and nearby area of radius 10 metres.
Yeah, that bizarre!
(Again, jokes people!)

So maybe I was a little bit upset.
Disappointed.
Frustrated.
I mean, I was dressing up to the occasion
(So what if the occasion is visiting the mall? I LIKE MALLS!)
And not getting in was kind of depressing.
I had the money to spend for Iona's present
(btw, happy birthday again, Iona!)
But no.....the parking has to be full and stuff.

Surely there's second floor parking and third floor and roof top,
But Daddy being the 'i-don't-like-crowded-places' kind of guy,
He said "Hey, we're so near we can go anytime aite?"
So we went back home.

Despite the failure to visit my new happy place,
I did have a fun time looking at people in the half-an-hour-stuck-in-the-parking-area,
People were crazy.
Maybe it is true.
Malaysians love shopping.

There's ah ma, apek, mak cik, pak cik, datuk, nenek, babies,budak kecik, budak besar,
So many people.
All went for the same reason. The Mall Has Opened.

Hey hey, don't get me wrong.
I am a self-professed Shopping Mall addict too.
I love shopping more than I love eating.
Ok, maybe not more thaN I love eating Ice cream but equally the same.
My point is....
Shopping has been such an important thing in Malaysia.

With Pavilion, Mid Valley, The Curve, Centro,
and coming soon, Robinson (next to Mid Valley. Walking distance. Total wtf?!)
See see? Get my point?
Malaysians get hype up when we talk about the malls.
Malls and more malls.
If Malaysia is to sustain her economy and her people with just shopping malls and shopping malls alone, I still think that we could survive 2 full years.

That's a lot for the population of something something billion.
No joke. *serious face*
And with Year-End-Sale coming and everything, I still think malls the best.

Btw, did any of you realise how many sales we have in Malaysia?
There's Raya sale,
Chinese New Year sale,
Deepavali sale,
Christmas Sale,
School Holiday Sale,
Let's-Go-Back-To-School Sale,
Half a year sale,
Year End Sale,
Mega Sale (I love this the best!)
And the sales that certain malls always have.

SeE?
I know malls and sales so well.
I think the Government should hire me to become the Minister of Shopping Malls and Leisure.
I'm free for the next 5 months since unlike *some* people who has to be sent to some 'ulu' place to 'menjalankan tugas kepada negara'.
My defence on not being sent to NS (eventhough Aisha claimed that I am the one who is supposed to be sent to NS instead of Iona and Daryl) is,
I am the country's asset and obviously they can't risk sending the country's asset by sending HER into the jungle for 3 months. 3 bloody months.
Like what I said before, Anything can happen in 5 minutes, let alone 3 months!

I'm so off-track.
Getting back to my point,
We MALAYSIANS love shopping.
Eventhough Iona and Daryl are giving me the evil stare whenever I talk about more shoes and handbags and clothes and spend spend spend,
I still would like to encourage people to go shopping.
Look at it, we're spending for our pleasure and at the same time BOOST THE COUNTRY'S ECONOMY.
See? Who says it's all fun?
I am helping the country. And so are you, and you, and you and you and...you.

More than ever, who knows when everyone go shopping,
They might just elect me to be the Minister Of Shopping Malls and Leisure.
Hey, I'm serious!
I need more money to go *ehem*shopping*ehem*

Btw, Aisha and Iona went to Jusco.
Salutation to them for being so patient.
Aisha's comment of the place : "Awesome!"
Iona's comment of the place : "It will be mind-blowing if I was you, but not so since no good food here."

Teehheehhhe...
This is a total waste of 30 minutes of my Saturday.

PS : Did I tell you that I am going for major shopping spree after SPM and buying lots and lots of books? See? I am shopaholic WITH brain.
PPS : I got a new handbag! *skip around the park*

Signing Out,
Why Do I even Bother Signing Out all the time?

No comments: