Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Multi-Racial Country

I might have an issue with blogging.
Yes, two updates in a row.
Or was it three updates in a row?

Anyhoo', it's difficult not to blog.
Especially during hols' because hols' are all about wasting time.
(No one heard me said that loudly)

SPM fever does not quite kick in just yet.
I'm still in the whole " Aiyah, long long time to go before SPM" phase.
It's called
SPM-denial-Syndrome. (SDS)


Since yesterday I have already trashed the other sex,
Today I want to talk about multi-racial country.

Which is our country,
Malaysia.


I am so proud of being a true Malaysian.
It is so amazing how Chineses, Indians and Malays in Malaysia can sit down and talk.
And do stuffs together.
Unlike in Africa or America or Vietnam.

(The protest thing. So scary)


And the whole we-are-all-malaysians spirit is more obvious especially in this blessful month, The Month of Ramadan.
Somehow, I felt truly Malaysian in this month than any other month.


Today, I had account class from 5 pm to 7.30 pm.
Fyi, I am supposed to break fast at 7.08 pm.
Yes, punctuality is important.
Especially when food is involved.
But since I am having class at that time, I had to break fast at tuition.

It was indeed a very funny moment.
Since I am the only Muslim girl in the class,
When I break fast, everyone stared at me.
Some are quite unclear about the whole break fast thing,
And started saying "Eh, dosa besar! dosa besar!" when they saw me break fast.

My account teacher who's an Indian is also extra caring this month.
He said I could bring food to tuition and then go to one of the empty classes to break fast.
And he would allow me to take a break just to break fast.
So aww-ish right?

There's also few incidents that show about how much we Malaysians care about each other regardless of our race and beliefs like,

A friend of mine that avoided some 'censored' topics, because she said, " Tak elok cakap pasal ni. Kan bulan puasa."
A friend of mine stopped me from eating 'kacang' on my first day of puasa because, uh, I forgot I was fasting.

A friend of mine who scolded me for cursing in the middle of the day, because "Tak elok cursing time puasa."

A friend of mine that joined me fasting for nearly 2 weeks to accompany me fasting.

A friend of mine who moved somewhere else when she needs to drink.
Friends who avoided food/drink talk when I am around.
Friends who wish me 'Selamat Berbuka Puasa' before I break fast.

Friends who 'berkomplot' to eat together with me, and actually took the trouble to close the doors so that no one can see us eating. (I 'cuti' that time. So technically I am allowed to eat). Friends who do not eat during Add Math tuition, in respect of Azura and I who are fasting, eventhough we LOVE eating during Add Math classes.
A friend of mine's mom asked when is Hari Raya etc.
A friend who brought mooncake for me, because I never eat mooncake before.

And note that, all the friends I mentioned above are not even Malays nor Muslims to start with. It's the whole Malaysian thing that makes us care for each other even if the fact is, it has got nothing to do with us.

It is indeed very heart-warming to see that even after 50 years of Independence,
Malays, Chineses and Indians can still sit together on the same table,
Mamak-ing.
It is undoubtedly that the view is somewhat rare these days,
But we are still together.
Maybe not as strong or as together as during our grandparents' time,

But the feeling is still there.

And I doubt it will go away in another 20 years time.
Because me and my friends,
We'll keep in touch no matter what,
Don't we?

P.S : Damn, this should have been up during Merdeka la!

Signing Out,

Raya is next week. Who wants to join me? Haha!

(Just messing with my photoshop. Fyi, it's an old pic. I already cut my hair! Boohoo!But it looked pweetttyy don't cha' think so? Like drawing.)
And do comment. I want to produce more of such pics if the outcomes are good.








Your Birthdate: March 12



You are certain and confident when you choose to love someone.

Even though your romantic choices may be unconventional - you stand behind them.

Your friends never know you as well as a romantic partner does.



Number of True Loves You'll Have: 4



Number of Times You'll Have Your Heart Broken: 1



You are most compatible with people born on the 3rd, 12th, 21st, and 30th of the month.

No comments: