Sunday, August 31, 2008

Got the Blogging Spirit Back!


(credit to Safwan for the Khadi in MNG jacket before we got tegur-ed to stop taking picture since you're not allowed to. Opps!)
I've never really did blog about my life in Nilai.
Basically because I dont have anything to blog about there.
But recently (a month plus ago) I found really good friends over there,
And this is shocking, but I enjoyed my life there.


These are basically all the people that I hang out with.
Yes, in class, during lunch and dinner and practically everywhere.
Beware : Extreme Exposure of Guys.


Yes. Basically I hang out with guys a whole lot over there.

And the only real true girl friend I have there is Arina.

And the other Arinah. Whom I don't have the picture with now.

But then again, her friends are also almost all boys.

So yeah, I don't really have female friends.

(p.s : I know you're reading this, and i love you to death, but this is too cute to not be put here. LOL!)

It's not that I did not try to make friends with the girls.
Neither did Arina.
We did (sort of.)
But we just couldn't "ngam" with the girls.


I just HAVE to be different there.
Be all non-conformist and all.
And Arina is basically just the same with me (which is why we instantly clicked)
So these girls feel awkward mingling with us (vice versa),
And they give occasional stares at us.


These girls are generally very nice people.

But Arina and I just dont belong to the group.

I know that we are being potrayed in their eyes as either :-

1 - Sluts. Not those gedik-gedik type. Just the kind that are always surrounded with boys.

2 - Stuck-up and sombong peeps who think they're too good for anyone

3 - Basically, lesbo. Since Arina and I practically hang out EVERYWHERE together. She even sleeps in my room.

To clarify things,

Firstly, we're not sluts. It's just that we dont know how to mingle with that kind of people, referring to the girls.

Yes, we're the female-friends-making handicaps. Just the other day, Arina left me alone with a bunch of girls class mates of mine and a guy while she went to buy us food. I couldn't get into the conversation like normal people do, and basically every attempt to penetrate into the conversation was a definite failure. I figuratively got thrown out of the conversation.

Secondly, I may look stuck-up-ish, BUT I am not. It's just that it's how my natural face look like. And we do not hang out with rich kids (who consist half of my class) because they're rich, but because of who they are. And we speak English practically everywhere because I am used to speaking English 18 hours per day in Klang and Arina just suck in her BM.

These people think we love going around boasting that we speak English because we thought speaking BM is degrading and we hang around rich kids because we think other normal kids are not good enough for us.

This is a very stupid statement and university students should know this better.

Thirdly, we're not lesbo. We're just super awesomely close friggin' friends that travel together everywhere. And Arina is generally a very loving person, so she randomly hugs people and say she loves them (and mean it) at anytime of the day. And we love spending time together. Does that makes us lesbo? Those people think weird.

We know we're not the typical Malay ladies.

We're loud and boisterous.

Tak tahu malu and VERY open-minded.

And we're not as ladylike as 3 quarter of the female population there.

Which makes it even harder for us to mingle with the girls.

We laugh too loud, We are too open-minded, we're what they call as "terlalu bebas" especially with boys and we do not talk softly like most of 'them'.

But seriously, by now, I don't care anymore. Neither does Arina. Because we both have each other over there. Anything and everything happens, we know we ALWAYS have each other to depend on. In fact, if the girls do not want to befriend with us, we don't mind. Because we both promised to be there for each other. Like what we always say, "We travel in pairs. Take one, have to take us both."

Thank god the boys are open enough to take us in.

Weekends away from home were definitely filled with a whole lot of fun.

A whole lot of EXPENSIVE FUN.

Fun that aches my wallet these days.

But fun is still fun no matter what.

Haha!

From watching The Dark Knight, to playing bowling (and finding out that I terribly suck in it), to hanging out in Secret Recipe, and celebrating a friend's birthday 3 weeks before his actual birthday, and down right till almost getting killed in a car crash,

All of them spelt fun. True definition of fun.

Moving on to introductory of people I generally hang out with at Nilai.

"Arina"

Basically I see her all the time. Excluding the few hours of sleep. Morning up till late of night. It's Arina, Arina, Arina.

A really, really nice and thoughtful person. Generally a very sarcastic person, but when she loves, she really loves.

She's a real definition of fun and she keeps me off thinking about home and my best friends ever so often. Fear not dear friends, I am well taken care of over there.

Things really are crazy with her, sometimes good crazy, sometimes bad crazy.

But that's the thing with Arina. She's just a crazy girl.

And thank god I found her, because i'd be emotionally deranged if I am still alone by now.

"Ikmal"

This dude is just simply closed up. Wouldn't tell a bit about himself, till like LONG after we know him. Finally he's opening up to us. Not that much, but thankfully, getting there.

Yeap, he's cute and I am not even going to lie. A true gentleman who carries a lady bag for her, gives his seat to old lady in the train and wears lip balm for health purposes (chapped lips),

I absolutely salute this man. He works out (hot biceps. teeheehee!), has really good fashion sense and generally a very protective person to his friends.

Although he's ever so comfortable with us now that he's BRUTALLY HONEST about everything (yes, our weights, our heights, our actions, EVERYTHING), and he dares to play pranks on us,

He's generally a very nice person and a great friend.

"Safwan"

This dude is generally a very emotional person. Loving and caring at heart, he beats me when it comes to emotions. He's better at being emotional than I am.

I look emotion-less next to him. Been a really great company to us and despite people teasing him for who he is, he always get our support in whatever he does.

Arina and I have officially announced that we are Safwan's support system. Where we will go to him WHENEVER he needs us, he's feeling down or sad, and would BELASAH anyone who disturbs him.

Yeap. I sound like some ah long now. But he's a nice man.

"Shaz"

Shaz is the new addition to the group. Yeap. The one in pink.

He's that kind of dude that belongs to the rare population of people, "Not Looking Gay In Pink" kind of people.

A part-time model, he's Louis Vuitton all the way. Bag, to belt to wallet. A proud owner of Louis Vuitton items.

Man with sweet words, we know from how he calls us that he's a very loving person. A very fun person, based on our first outing together (till today), I am eager to know more about him.

And you got to agree with me, he's pretty cute right?

Moving on to the people I don't hang out with that much.

(I dont hang out that much with them, so you cant expect me to tell much about them. I just want you to know who they are. that's all. :) )

Left to right : Safwan, Ikmal, San and Asyraf.

Left to Right : Safwan, Fatin and Liyana

Left to Right : Ikmal and Zamir.

And also pictures from our previous outing.

"arina and kdee."

I told you I wasnt lying. That, fellow blog-ders, is Louis Vuitton bag. And I am the proud owner of it (for that moment.) What?! Do you think I'll ever get near that item ever again in my life?That is going to be the closest I am going to be to a Louis Vuitton item, EVER in my life.

"Ikmal and Shaz"

Please, please, please do ENVY me because I have hot friends. *evil grin*

"arina with her pretend-to-be boyfriend" and she loves this picture.

"kdee and ikmal"

He sucks at smiling. But I cant possibly turn down the offer of taking a picture with him, can i?

*weird smile*

"The Foursome. We Rock. We Talk. AND we're all about FUN."

*points at Louis Vuitton bag, AGAIN*

" 4 + 1 "

"One part-time model. The other two, just plain wannabe. But are doing a good job at it."

Signing Off,

"Shaz. Arina. Safwan and Ikmal looking extremely happy while Khadi got stuck on the other side of the camera. Pffttt... :]"

No comments: