Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Insomnia

I had a terrible night last night. Was in bed at 3am only to fall asleep at 7am.
And had to wake up to go to Gombak at 8.30am.

One and a half hour of sleep.

Horrible. I was closing my eyes throughout the 4 hours, convincing myself to sleep. In between the convincing, i remembered a friend once said, "it's easier to fall asleep when you don't think about making you fall asleep". So i counted sheeps in my head, i imagined boxes - yellow, red, purple, brown, black. And then i stopped thinking about sleeping, to trick my mind into making me fall asleep, but to no success.

By now, you should feel sorry for myself.
Because,
Above all things, I treasure my sleep the most.

When it comes to the worst of days, i'll get over the day by sleeping.
If i am stressed, I sleep.
When i am pissed off and in the mood to kill someone else, to avoid getting myself into trouble, I sleep.
When i am so hungry but I am too lazy to go out and find food, I sleep.

My life pretty much is dedicated to sleeping.
Hence, showing you how utterly important for me to sleep.
And more than anyone else in the world, I tend to get very upset and irritated and disappointed when the one thing that I like most in the world, cannot be done.
Especially, with all those practices over the years, you kinda figured out its the simplest thing to do next to drinking and eating.
It's like when its hibernation period, and you being the polar bear, when all the other polar bears have fallen asleep; you, cannot fall asleep. and ended up staring at the ceiling of your cave.

By now, you would be wondering, what would be the result to my 'messed up body clock'; directly quoting Bobsie.
I have no idea.
I'm bidding its either the excessive hours i've been sleeping, or the sleeping late, or the mind overdrive, or maybe its the environment.

I'm getting really restless just trying to make myself fall asleep. It's like there's something wrong when i wanna fall asleep. Whether its the bed, the weather, or maybe the mind; not tired enough to shut down.

But i think it's PMS. Just like last month.

Whatever it is, it better be gone, because 3 more days like this, I'm gonna be a VERY VERY cranky woman.

Ohwell. I am gonna try going to bed again in a while.

What's your bid when you can't fall asleep?

p.s : I like it when everyone has this attitude on days that I am moody

-The Woman Who Gets Real Cranky When She Cannot Sleep-

No comments: