Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day

I know I've been quite negligent when it comes to my blog.
The fact is I was waiting for today to come,
So that I have something to blog about.
(And because I was too tired the past few days to stay up and properly blog).

Nevertheless,
The much awaited day has finally arrived and I've got so much to share with fellow blog-ders out there.

Today indeed is the 14th of February.
Officially known as 'Valentine's Day'.

Personally, I think today was not bad.
Surely the fact that both The Bestfriend and The Boyfriend are miles away is rather saddening if I dwell upon it.
(And by miles I mean, hundreds and thousands miles away.)

But it's ok,
Because I've got 3 sms-es from friends close to my heart,
A wish from The Boyfriend right before he left yesterday,
And a whole day of stomach-aching-laughing session,
And a whole lot of 'persuasion' session.

Eventhough my Valentine's day was spent
-working
-broke
-boyfriend-less
-bestfriend-less

And should be noted as 'Sad Day' as a dear friend pointed out in her sms today,
I however would like to disagree with that.

Maybe this year, I am a tad too optimistic about Valentine's this year.
I guess it's because the fact that I chose today to reflect back on the theme of love and how it has affected these past 17 years.

Now,
I have a boyfriend, who still manages to swoon me over with his small gestures,
I have great and loving bestfriends that got my back no matter what happened,
Great and loving friends to be there to go the extra miles or just to wave our freak flags,
Priceless possession of family and very cute fur balls of cats,
And a good life.
(Though I doubt good health should be in the list, since I am now down with a sore throat)

This sounds like New Year's speech, don't you think so?

My point is,
I decided to consider today as a day to celebrate Love and what it is about.
Even if you don't have your loved ones with you at this time of the year,
Seeing love in the air is good enough to compensate that.

Business at workplace was indeed great.
We've got NUMEROUS customers coming in requesting for Valentine's gift.

By now, I have to say,
I am very thankful to be a girl.

Simply because,
The guys that walked into the shop today,
Were very clueless and had that 'i-got-forced-to-splurge-money-on-unnecessary-event' look.

And my colleague said I was gifted in making people buy more things.
From just a present, I 'talked' guys to buy gift wrappers,
Then to buy small cards, Then to ribbons.
Just pushing the button.

But that's not what I am here to talk about today.

What I want to say is,
Looking at those guys buying their special ones presents,
Just give me the warm and fuzzy feeling inside.

Surely guys are naturally thick in the head,
And to one point may appear like they don't care,
But they do.
(ok, maybe they do not)

But the efforts are what that truly matter.

A man of 40-something walked into the shop today.
He took nearly half an hour to choose a present,
And refused to take my consultancy on the present.
Indeed, he wanted to pick the present for his wife, himself
(Even though in the end, he picked what I suggested to him, but never mind)

Yesterday, a Chinese 20-something man walked into the shop some time at noon,
He pointed at the 'Hello Kitty' doll.
Honestly speaking, the doll has been there for quite some time.
So I suggested something cuter and new,
A pink teddy bear holding a heart-shaped pillow with 'I Love You' written on it.
He insisted on having the 'Hello Kitty',
Because, to quote him, "Girlfriend saya suka Hello Kitty".

And some time yesterday evening,
3 youngsters walked in.
They picked the same items with different designs.
I asked who were they for.
They said, they're for their girlfriends.
Who are also friends just like the 3 youngsters.

These things are what that made my day today.
Regardless of missing my very own Valentine's,
I don't mind.
Because I get to witness how these guys go that extra length for their girlfriends.
The confused looks, The money they had to fork out after my 'persuasion', the trouble they had to go through to pick presents for their girlfriends.
It just filled me up in the heart today.

By now,
Standing from where I am right now,
I believe love is something to be felt rather than analyze.

To heck with the true definition of love,
Or the meaning of true love,
Or what lies behind a relationship based on the claim that it's 'pure love'.

No one could ever know the exact meaning of love.
Neither could we answer every mind-boggling puzzles about love.
Because love just comes.

Till today, I don't even dare to say what The Boyfriend and I have is called love,
Because till today, I am still quite unsure about what is it this thing called love,
But the feeling seems right, and things seem different with him in the picture,
Than not having him in the picture.
And I like having him in the picture.

If there's one thing that's more confusing than the theory of Big Bang and how it started,
I'd dare say it's love.

"When Love hits, Love hits hard" - Khadi


I know I used to be quite cynical when it comes to love and relationship back then,
About how feeble-minded of some teenagers to think of what they have as love,
And whatever bullshit I've said before.

Maybe till this very day,
The fact doesn't change.
But maybe it did.

Which is exactly my point.
Love is about feeling that certain thing in your heart and knowing it being there.
Surely some are fad,
But some are not.

And being someone who looks into the picture,
And not being in the picture,
Certainly the person doesn't have the right to say whether it's love or not.

Because you have to be there,
To feel it,
To witness it,
To be a part of it,
Before you can tell whether it's love or not.

(Trying to get a point across is really hard)

"Love is like a paddy field. You walk along a line of paddy. You came across a paddy grain, with a fairly big size. But you continued walking. And you found a much bigger paddy grain. You continued walking, thinking that there's bigger one everytime you go further. Till to one point, you realised, you just missed the biggest there is in the paddy field." - Zairul


I love that quote a lot.
It does make a lot of sense.
Sometimes, we let go of what we have,
Thinking that there are better ones awaiting for us in the future.

Sometimes we're right.
Most of the time, we're wrong.
And the next thing you know,
It's too late to turn around.

"Marriage is like corn field. You kept going and going, till you find one corn you really like. It's not too big, nor too small. But you know, it's just the right size for you." - Zairul

This quote is quite true too.
But I am so not ready to talk about marriage today.

"Love means letting go. So you move far from your square one. But you would still look back every now and then cause it made you, you.

Love means forgive. So you find the strength to be better, you find the guts that would never come to apologize cause you know time would not wait too long.

Love means tolerance. So you calculate the percentage to equilibrium-waiting and hoping;cause you know patience is only testable at a low rate." - Jumpingjane


This is something I came across this blog.
Jumpingjane.blogspot
She's a really thoughtful blogger.
Her posts are deep and meaningful.
The quote above was en excerpt from her post some time back then.

And what she said is right.
Love means letting go.
Even though I don't believe in
"If you love someone, you let them go, and if they come back, then they really love you" sort of bullshit,
But sometimes it takes more than just courage to let go of someone we dearly love.
I believe that you should fight for that loved one,
Fight your butts out,
And if letting go is the best after fighting,
Then let go.

Love means forgive, this is true also.
But this does not apply to when he cheats on you,
Once, twice, and the third time.
Like that song sang by LeAnne Rimes,
"Shame on you if you fool me once,
Shame on me if you fool me twice."

You're both idiots if it's the third time.
But when it comes to other things,
Remember, humans screw up.
And we're humans.
So we forgive and move on.

Love means tolerance.
Oh, I so agree with this.
You know, there's one point of the relationship,
You just want to strangle, kick, hammer, murder, mince him to bits,
Because he just keeps on pushing the button.
But you won't.
Because you don't have the heart to do so.
Therefore, you tolerate.

"Love is many crazy things." - Some Chinese movie.


Oh don't even get me started on this thing.
I have came across TONNES of things like this.

I used to think why some people are just so idiotic to do certain things when it comes to love,
But being in a relationship,
I guess I have crossed over to the idiotic group too.
Because even though this is hard to say,
I sometimes do that crazy things people do too.

See? I told you love is very confusing.

"There are many other fishes in the sea. Why limit your choices to just fishes in the lake?" - Sha


This quote is not properly quoted.
Because I kind of forgot what's the quote.
But it's something about sea and fishes.

Rather, it is an analogy.
Guys are referred as fishes.
Then what are we, girls?
Nets? Fishing rod?

This one should be taken into consideration,
If you have not found someone you like, just yet.

Not that I am saying that you shouldn't find someone for you,
Because you know that there's more 'choices' for you out there.

What I am trying to say is,
It's ok if you have not found someone for you yet.
Because there's more for you out there, to choose from.

But this does not apply to if you already have a special someone.
Strictly prohibited.

Nevertheless,
No matter how big or small your option is,
Just keep on looking.
It might be anywhere.

"Love comes when you least expected it." - Anonymous


Before I end this post,
I would just like to say that,
Every single one of us should live to love.
Maybe not to love your boyfriend or something,
But just basically love.

Love your family,
Your friends,
Your neighbours,
Your nature,
Yourself.

The idea is to continue loving.
Surely sometimes we tend to give up on love and the idea of it,
But love is a magical thing.

It will happen when it happens.
Till then, just live life to the fullest,
And love as long as you live.

Maybe you'll fall in love tomorrow?
Who knows.
No one knows.

Best of luck to singletons out there!
Keep holding on and stay strong to couples out there!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE!

"Never drink, cheat or lie.
If you must cheat, cheat death.
If you must lie, lie in the arms of the ones you love.
And if you must drink, drink for the moments that take your breath away."
- Hitch



Signing Out,
I feel so 'jiwang' today.

P.S : You guys should check out ' Will You Love Me Tomorrow' by Amy Winehouse. Real nice sappy song.

No comments: