Saturday, October 04, 2008

Of The Spirit Of Hari Raya


It has been an absolutely tiring day today.
Reaching home from Johor at 11 pm last night,
Somehow I didn't have a really good sleep.
In fact, I think I slept at 3 am last night.

But.... I managed to wake up at around 9.30 am,
Thanks to Mom's AWESOME SUPER LOUD voice.
Yeap. You kinda miss mom waking you up when you're already out of the house.

The Raya plan today was to convoy to every house of our old friends.
Starting point : My house.

Of course being the person we are,
Only 2 persons came at the promised time : 10.30 am.
However, more people gradually came after that,
With FINALLY everyone arriving by 12.30 pm.

After a whole lot of discussion and debate about whose house to go to,
We finally decided to get out of my house and start our convoy.

Next Stop : Fadli's house.

We didnt get to hang out long at his house,
Because, ARE YOU KIDDING?
With so many duit raya awaiting for us out there,
We want to hang out at his house?
PFFTTT.....

And then we headed to Farah's house.
Where we had a specially made mee goreng by Farah's mom,
And basically hanged out there from 1.30 pm till 3.00 pm.

It was great just to catch up on stuffs,
After AGES and AGES of not meeting up.
Gosh. I can't even remember the last time I meet up with these people.

Of course being in the usual gang,
It was just Farah and I to 'mewakili' (whats that word in English?) the girls,
With another 8 more boys + 1 toddler.
Afiq's brother.

But but, the trip has to be cut short on my behalf,
Leaving Farah alone with another 4 more boys + 1 toddler,
Since I had to go to my aunt's house for luncheon,
And another 4 more boys had another Raya adventure to attend to.

Being very excited about Raya,
And about meeting up with old friends,
(Apart from brushing off the fact that I have finals next Wednesday)
I absolutely forgot to take any picture,
Till when I was waiting for mom to pick me up from Farah's.
Farah and Khadi. Long-lost Bestfriends.

Vain Person 1 : Malik
Vain Person 2 / Best Friend : Farah

My 'saki baki' Malay friends

Poser much? Thought so.

I just noticed how much I lack malay friends.
Scheming through the phone book to find houses we can attack that day,
Was just seemingly impossible kot?
Since half of the Malay friends I have were already at my house.
But these are what we call quality friends.
They say, quality over quantity.



Human + Toddler : Picture One

Human + Toddler : Picture 2

That's Afiq. With Arsyad in the brown tee.
Arsyad, I absolutely adore because he's sangat comel and montel.
And smart and adorable too.
Can I go on?
Ala, can't help it la. I know Arsyad even BEFORE he was born.
Because Afiq always tell about him.
I think being a poser runs in the family.
Arsyad is like 3 years old and he knows how to pose for the camera.
Kudos!

From this point onward are pictures of vain people posing,
Yes. Including yours truly.

Hilmi + Kd

Fadli + KD
(Fadli sudah tinggi!)

Nazzrin + KD
(mamat yang sangat lama tak dengar cerita!)

Hilmi + Fadli
(were, are and always will travel together. but both are VERY straight)

Malik + Khadi. Emo people.

Khadi + Heartthrob, Arsyad.
I told you he's cute.

Got to say I was sad to not being able to continue the Raya trip with them,
But not as much because I miss my cousins more.

Right after Farah's,
While these people went to Wan Fatin's house, Malik's step mother's home, and Albert's house for his birthday party cum open house,
I on the other hand went to my uncle's in Bangi,
then to Sg. Merab (godknowswherethehellthatis),
And then to Putrajaya to another uncle's house.

Later that night we went to visit my neighbour who got admitted to the hospital recently,
(He's recovering. Fear not)
And then to Aeon because brother need to geek-ify himself.
And I wanted to spend time with my siblings + find Albert a present.

The shopping session at Aeon lasted till 10.30pm,
Before we close it with a trip to A&W.
Sorry la. We lapar, havent had our dinner yet.

Fish Sandwich + Curly fries + Onion rings + Sky juice.
Because I had a lot of sugary drinks, I fear I might get diabetes.

Now, I feel un-diabetic + fat because of the 11.30pm Fish Sandwich.
Oh well!

Signing Out,
First it was Khadijah, then Kathy, then Khadi, then KDEE. Now, its KD.





No comments: